Hello 2014 CSA members!
Full booklet members commit and purchase $100 value booklets of twenty-two $5 vouchers (two free) to redeem on any items we sell in our farm stand throughout the 2014 growing season (April-October).
Our CSA program will help to cover the anticipated costs of the 2014 farm operation and the farmers’ salaries. In turn, Janowski Gardens will provide a variety of homegrown fresh produce throughout the 2014 growing season. You as a member can redeem vouchers for as much or as little, of what you want, when you want it and you can buy what you like * if we have it available. This gives you as a CSA member greater flexibility in satisfying your week-to-week needs. When your booklet runs out, you may purchase another.
Vouchers can be redeemed ANY DAY at the farm’s roadside stand on Esty Street, throughout the growing year. A weekly email or daily Facebook update gives customers the heads-up to what’s available each week along with helpful recipes and links to other interesting information.
Ecological farming practices give Janowski Gardens the opportunity to produce food that is good for you and the environment. Our Community Supported Agriculture system fosters a healthy community and environment in a fundamentally sustainable way.
By becoming a shareholder in Janowski Gardens you are investing in the local economy, helping to build a vibrant community around food and agriculture and making a contribution to a healthy environment. At the same time, you’re ensuring good food for yourself and the people you love!
The fine print
1. FULL booklet- You give us $100 and we give you $110 worth of vegetables. That’s $10 free. You may use one or all of your vouchers at any time, but if you plan on buying a large quantity of vegetables at one time we would appreciate 24 hours notice so we can have it ready for you.
2. If your purchase does not add up to an even $5, $10 voucher, etc, you may apply your credit to your next voucher. There is NO change back.
3. The Act of God clause… too much rain, too little rain, too hot, too cold, and garden pests may affect the quality/quantity of the vegetables and the dispositions of the farmers. We will plant the following vegetables in Spring 2014 and hope for a good growing year: beans, beets, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, collards, cucumbers, eggplant, garlic, leeks, lettuce, melons, mixed greens, onions, peas, peppers, pickles, potatoes, squash, strawberries, sweet corn, Swiss chard, and tomatoes.
4. You may not redeem the vouchers for cash. If you have a situation where you cannot use the vouchers you may give them to someone who can.
5. The 2014 vouchers DO have an expiration date of October 31, 2014. If you do not use them before that time they will become VOID.
6. If Janowski Gardens cannot honor your contract, your money will be refunded.
7. If you don’t like vegetables don’t buy these vouchers. If you like some vegetables but not all vegetables, only buy the vegetables you like. We never force a whole bag of kale on anybody. Just buy corn if you like, it’s OK by us.